Discover the secrets of this ancient craft that has become synonymous with the city of Venice. Visit a glass workshop and watch an artisan create a piece from scratch - it'll look like magic!
Venice Glass Workshop
At the selected time, we'll meet outside the Testolini-Bottega Dell'Arte store. From this point, we'll walk to the famous St. Mark's Square, where the workshop in which we'll learn all the secrets of Venetian glass is located.
We'll enter the workshop and discover all about the process involved in the creation of a piece of handmade glass, from casting and glass blowing to modeling by watching a glass master perform all these steps himself.
What's more, during the visit we'll explain some historical facts about the techniques used. Did you know that they date back to the first century BC? And that it was the Romans who created the first patterns of colors to decorate glass pieces?
After a 20-minute visit, we'll leave the workshop and end the tour at St. Mark's Square. Before saying goodbye, we'll give you a small piece of glass as a souvenir to always remember this visit.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 13|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 13Free
English speaking guide.
Glass piece as a souvenir.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.