Prices in Venice are relatively expensive, but if you book the hotel in advance and check out our tips on how to save money in Venice, you’ll be able to make the most of your stay in the city without spending too much.
As for the restaurants in the Serenissima, there are options for all budgets, from fine dining to Pizza al Taglio for those that don’t want to spend too much money eating out.
Examples of daily costs
The following list shows the current prices of a few products and services, so that you can get an idea of the average prices in Venice and plan your budget accordingly.
Food and drink
- Slice of pizza: from € 5 (US$ 5.20)
- Coffee: Between € 2 (US$ 2.10) and € 5 (US$ 5.20)
- A small beer: € 4 (US$ 4.10)
- Eating out in a restaurant: from € 30 (US$ 30.90) per person.
- One-way Vaporetto ticket (valid for 75 minutes): € 7.50 (US$ 7.70)
- 48-hour Travel Card: € 30 (US$ 30.90).
- The Chorus Pass (gives free access to 18 churches in Venice): € 12 (US$ 12.40)
- Water bus from Marco Polo Airport to the city centre: € 15 (US$ 15.50)
- Bus from Marco Polo Airport to Piazzale Roma: € 1.50 (US$ 1.50)
- Mid-range centrally located hotel (double room): from € 60 (US$ 61.80)