Explore the largest neighborhood in Venice and explore its many charms with this fantastic tour of the Castello district. You will discover the area which is famous for housing the city's old canal shipyard.
Castello Neighbourhood Tour
At 4 pm, we will meet up at Campo Santa Maria Nova to begin our tour of the largest neighborhood in Venice: Castello.
During the guided tour we encounter the two faces of Castello, from its most touristic areas to its most humble streets. We will start the tour by learning about the heyday that this neighborhood experienced in the 13th century as a result of the enormous shipyard that was built in this area, now known as the Arsenale, which became the largest naval complex in Europe!
The walk will take us to the façade of the Basilica of St. John and St. Paul, the largest church in Venice. We will reveal to you the legend that explains the location of this Dominican temple which appeared in the dreams of Jacopo Tiepol, who became the supreme leader of the Republic of Venice.
The guided tour will also allow us to visit one of the most beautiful bookstores in Venice. We will then contemplate the exteriors of the parish of Santa Maria Formosa, the Scuola Grande di San Marco school, and other iconic buildings of Castello.
We will see the Doge's Palace, one of the most important monuments in the Italian city. This magnificent building has been used as the Seat of the Government, the Court of Justice, the prison, the home of governors besides more.
We will finish the tour in via Garibaldi between 5:30 pm and 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 11 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 3|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 16.80
Children under 3not permitted
1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Campo Santa Maria Nova.