Money Saving Tips for Venice
As well as booking your flights and hotel in advance, there are many other ways of traveling cheaply. Discover our tips for saving money in Venice.
Venice offers various discounts for its public transport system and top landmarks. However, there are so many different tourist passes that it can be a little confusing. Below you will find information on all the several tourist and travel cards so you can choose the card that is better suited for you.
The best option: To buy them online and in advance
Since the inauguration of Venezia Unica, the Venice Chamber of Commerce’s website, you can purchase any of the previously mentioned tourist passes online. If you buy them at least one week in advance, you can even get good discounts.
Prices also depend on the season and the day of the week. Check the website for more information:
What travel card should I get?
These are the combination of tourist passes we recommend depending on your age and interests:
Are you going to use the water buses?
- If you're between 14 and 29 years old: Rolling Venice Card + Tourist Travel Card.
- Other ages: Tourist Travel Card.
- If you are between 6 and 29 years old: Rolling Venice Card + 3 Day Tourist Travel Card
- If you are aged 30 or older: Tourist Travel Card
How many landmarks and museums do you want to visit?
- If you want to visit over three churches in Venice: Chorus Pass.
- If you only want to visit the San Marco Museums: Venezia Unica City Pass.
- If you want to visit more museums: Venezia Unica City Pass.
If you're a student, don't forget to take your student card to every attraction and museum you visit, otherwise you won't be given a discount. The sooner you purchase the Venezia Unica, the more you can save up.
The following tips can be applied to any destination: try and book your flights and hotel as far in advance as possible.
- To find and compare flights online, we recommend checking out our Flight search engine.
- If you are looking for a hotel in Venice, check out our Hotel search engine which includes all the best accommodation in Venice, with the guaranteed minimum price.